Sunday, April 15, 2012
Aly's first acting experience
Aly tried out for the JR High Musical and got a part. This was her first time ever in a play (& first time trying out for anything:) ). It was a musical called "Once on this Island" (jr version). Apparently a lesser known broadway show. We had never heard of it. The story centers around a peasant girl on a tropical island, who uses the power of love to bring together people of different social classes. Aly was in the peasant chorus and a villiger. It was a fun experience for her, though rehearsals after school 3-5 times a week for almost 2 months really cut in to her play time! After the first performance, a friend from Church, who also had a daughter in the play said "Wow! I can't believe that's Aly up there. I've never heard her talk above a whisper. She's really good!!!" I'll upload a scene when I can figure out why it's not working...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment