Sunday, May 13, 2012
Adventures in Exercising
May 2, 2012 Aubrey & I were at the YMCA. I go pretty regularly to a water aerobics class on Wed mornings. Class had finished & I had just gone in to the sauna along with some of the other ladies, when the fire alarms went off. We assumed they were working on something because we'd seen them working on the emergency doors during class. After a minute or two, I noticed that Suzy, one of the ladies in charge, was waving people out. Everyone had to get out of the pool, sauna, locker rooms, etc. and leave through the emergency exit doors on the side of the building. We were told that this was NOT a drill and it wasn't because of the doors. Nobody really knew what was going on. Suzy ran back in & grabbed a bunch of towels for us as we stood outside barefoot & wet in our swimsuits. I was grateful for the sun & unseasonably warm weather! We had to just wait until the Fire Chief came and inspected everything. After the initial surprise of it all subsided, it occurred to me that the kids were outside somewhere too, so I set off in my bare feet to find Aubrey. They were in the front right of the building (diagonal from where we were). None of the kids seemed too bothered by it. First thing Aubrey says is "Mom, I need to go potty". I reply, "Yeah, me too, but we can't go inside right now, we have to wait" Minutes go by and she tells me again that she has to go & can't wait. I notice a worker walking across the street with her kids and it occurs to me that we could go across the street to use the bathroom at the police station. It's not bad enough that I'm hanging out outside in bare feet and a wet swimsuit, now I have to go to the police station like that. Across the street does not necessarily mean close, as they both have big parking lots and the buildings are facing different directions. Just as we get to the police station doors, I look over and see that they're allowing people back in the building. Drat! Oh well, no turning back now. After all that, we were both ready to get home!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment